[rescue] Re: [geeks] new list: RANTS

Kurt Mosiejczuk rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Nov 27 09:37:24 CST 2001

On Tue, 27 Nov 2001, George Adkins wrote:

> Really? you mean that McDonalds has discovered some way to violate the laws
> fo physics?  Last time I checked, Cofee was made with _BOILING_HOT_ water,
> and if you get it any hotter than that at standard pressure, it turns to
> vapor...  So, how much hotter than 212F (100C) was the coffee?

Actually, I did some reading recently... and it seems the reason the
woman had a case was because some of McD's own people documented that
the temperature they were holding the coffee at before serving was hot
enough that severe burns would result and recommended they hold the coffee
at a lower temperature.  They were ignored.

--Kurt