[rescue] 100 Things To Do With That Old Sun

Kris Kirby rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Nov 27 04:26:26 CST 2001

On Thu, 22 Nov 2001, Dunbar, Brian wrote:
> hmmmm.  There IS a threshold I should observe - mystifying them, sure.
> Freaking them out .. fun to comptemplae but probably not.  Livestock sounds
> from the server space is just about right <grin>.

Imagine, if you will, a cold, stark-white server room at night. There is a
man working there, his compassion for his fellow man worn so thin it could
be passed through a needle effortlessly. While he is sitting there at his
workstation, peering into his Monitor of Doom, it starts slowly with one
machine; a simple "mooo", as if there is a cow loose in the server room.
Then, five seconds later (after the finish of the initial "moo"), it
happens again. Then two machines "moo". And five. And so on until the
whole cluster is mooing asynchrounusly. And then it stops.

8-)

-----
<kris at nospam.catonic.net>   | IM: KrisBSD