[rescue] Re: [geeks] new list: RANTS

George Adkins rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Nov 26 22:58:24 CST 2001

On Monday 26 November 2001 11:23 pm, you wrote:
> On November 26, Ken Hansen wrote:
> > I think the issue would be editorial oversight - you can sue Salon
> > (they control their content), but you can't sue AOL (they repeat
> > others content without review). (Again, IANAL, IMHO, ETC)
>
>   A.K.A. "common carrier"...ISPs went through a tremendous amount of
> shit about this back in 1993-94 or so.  It was a nightmare.

Whatever happened to people being responsible for their own actions and
statements?

(Theoretically,) If I hear someone make an illegal statement and I quote them
to someone else, am I also breaking the law?  Doesn't that mean that I am
also breaking the law if I repeat it while testifying in court?

George