Pumping Gas (was: St. Pete (was RE: [rescue] Sun Ray Thoughts?))

Mike Nicewonger rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun Nov 25 14:54:01 CST 2001

On Sun, 25 Nov 2001, you wrote:
> > Yes, I agree with you.  It just seemed that from the lack of concern of
> > the described attendant, that he didn't care either way.  Especially
> > since he was surprised that the person came back to pay.
> >

> Maybe he's seen too many false promises to come back and pay - and perhaps
> he's also considering an operating expense.  Either way, it is a little
> surprising that he didn't at least take down a phone number or the license
> plate.  Seems to me that he would have taken these down - if for no other
> reason than to imply "I will find you if you don't come back and pay".

Yet another sign of the times we live in. Attendant doesn't care. Which is the
same as "not my station, I don't care." too many folks do not care about what
they do anymore. There are convenience stores I will not go into due to shitty
indifferent employees. My fav was when I was looking for a particular item, I
asked the clerk whom was sitting on a stool behind the counter reading a
wrestling magazine "do you have this <insert item here>?" the answer was
'dunno'. Didn't even bother to look up form the magazine.

People suck.

Mike N