[rescue] Looking for I/O performance metrics

Chris Byrne rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat Nov 24 06:41:22 CST 2001

-----Original Message-----
From:  Bill Bradford

What fiber cards are you using?  In our environment (LOTS of EMC fiber
storage),
the NUMBER ONE MOST IMPORTANT THING when it comes to problems like this is
UPDATE THE FIRMWARE ON THE HBAs and USE THE LATEST DRIVERS.

Bill

Its a mixed environment JNOI and Emulex and that's the very first thing I
told them. I think my exact words were 'Guys, JNI is notorious for dodgy
drivers, and if anything Emulex is worse'. Basically there is no
consistency, or revision or change control across the whole system, and no
real management policy at all, which in my opinion is the most important
issue.

Chris Byrne