[rescue] 100 Things To Do With That Old Sun

Mike Hebel rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Nov 23 04:31:35 CST 2001

>> Now THERE is something for me to do .. plug the speakers back into my rack
>> mounted SS10 and play something very late at night for the second shift
>> crew.  Maybe a long, mournfull "moooo" . . . or a train whistle, like you
>> can hear in the country from a long ways off . . .

DB> "Hello Clarice"?  Or, the occasional, "One of these days they will be
DB> sorry..."
DB> , or perhaps even, "I wish I could die."

My favorite was a toilet flush sound from inside the network closet
via Sparc Classic speaker @ 200% volume.
*grin*

DB> hmmmm.  There IS a threshold I should observe - mystifying them, sure.
DB> Freaking them out .. fun to comptemplae but probably not.  Livestock sounds
DB> from the server space is just about right <grin>.

To make it even more surrealistic you should get the campy "moo"
sounds from the Cow Kill Level in Diablo II.  I about fell over when I
heard them.  Imagine a bunch of programmers going "Moo." repeatedly
into a microphone and you get the idea! ;-)

There should be an app out on the web to extract those sounds.

Mike                         mailto:nimitz at owc.net

http://drone8of9.crosswinds.net/documents/Mike_Hebel_Current_3.html

http://drone8of9.crosswinds.net/documents/Mike_Hebel_Current_3.doc