[rescue] Blades in the dark

Jeff Borisch rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Nov 22 14:56:05 CST 2001

George Adkins wrote:

> it's the (as usual) uneducated American Consumer who decided that the purpose
> of flash photography was to allow them to take pictures in the dark without
> turning the damn lights on.

IIRC the "very uneducated" Mr. Edgerton took his pictures in the dark using
only flash. Not to nitpick but you also should capitalize the "uneducated"
in "uneducated American Consumer" since you seem to be wanting to use the
whole thing as a proper noun phrase. :-)

> it's that whole "I don't want to learn anything, I just want it to work when
> I push the button" thing all over again.

If you are lamenting the demise of the fully manual SLR, I wholeheartedly
agree. On the other hand I really appreciate that my 13yo Honda starts in
all weather, all the time, without dealing with a manual choke.

signed,
"an Uneducated American Consumer"