[rescue] SBUS expansion box

Gregory Leblanc rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Nov 21 14:11:55 CST 2001

On Wed, 2001-11-21 at 12:08, Joshua D Boyd wrote:
> http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1300394553
>
> Does this thing have space for internal harddrives also, or is in only space
> for extra sbus cards.

I think they only have space for sbus cards, but I'm not 100% sure.
Note that you need the card and cable to be able to do this.

> The reason I ask is I'm wondering about the possibility of hooking it up to
> an SS10 or 20 to use with a pair of SCSI cards for a raid 0+1 array.

How many drives are you looking at?  Don't even consider doing this with
Linux on those machines, the SCSI support blows chunks.  I heard that it
was supposed to use DMA in the 2.4.x kernel series, but I haven't
checked yet.
	Greg