[rescue] o2's available for sale

Joshua D Boyd rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Nov 21 08:01:16 CST 2001

On Tue, Nov 20, 2001 at 11:21:30PM -0800, Mike Hebel wrote:
> >its one of those shitty "JamCam 3.0" things they sell for $50.  I got mine
> >for
> >$25 on sale at Fry's.  When I can afford a better camera (my Mavica FD51
> >got stolen out of Amy's car), I'll get one.
>
> Just IMHO, I've never had any problem using any camera if there was
> proper lighting.  The problem is usually that there's a small amount of
> shake in the camera or somthing.  If you're talking about the picture of
> the glowing logo it looks like not enough ambient light and a slight
> jostle of the camera.  If you've got a cheap tripod around try that.
> That's what made my extremely cheap Polaroid digital work properly.

BTW, on my not quite cheap Kodak DC215, I'd estimate that it acts like it is
about 100 ASA.

When I hear pros estimate their digital cameras, they seem to come up with
numbers like 200 to 320 ASA (320ASA was the estimate given by the director
of photography for Star Wars 2, and they are using custom made digital cameras).

--
Joshua D. Boyd