[rescue] Sun Monitor repair question

Bill Bradford rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Nov 19 14:37:32 CST 2001

On Mon, Nov 19, 2001 at 12:26:46PM -0800, Bonar, Gregory wrote:
> I bought a used 19" Sun with a Sparcstation 10. It has a minor problem,
> I am guessing that there is an alignment problem because there is a
> slight 'ghost' with a red tint although it is usable.
> But after moving it about I noticed the picture had no 'ghost' image,
> the picture was great!
> The next time I moved it the picture returned to it's previous state.
> Has anyone has a similar problem and fixed it themselves? I am tempted
> to open it up and take a look, but have no alignment tools and am aware of
> the
> high voltage charge that tends to linger amongst the innards. It's not
> worth the money to take it to a shop.  Can I fix this with duct tape? ;^)
> Any references to helpful web sites for monitor repair would also be
> appreciated.

If its an older Sun monitor, there's an adjustment tool (plastic) on a clip
on top of the monitor once you remove the plastic "cover".  If its not
something you can fix given the adjustments visible once you take the back
cover off, DO NOT remove the protective metal cover - take it to a repair
shop.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford