[rescue] Sun Monitor repair question

Bonar, Gregory rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Nov 19 14:26:46 CST 2001

I bought a used 19" Sun with a Sparcstation 10. It has a minor problem,
I am guessing that there is an alignment problem because there is a
slight 'ghost' with a red tint although it is usable.

But after moving it about I noticed the picture had no 'ghost' image,
the picture was great!

The next time I moved it the picture returned to it's previous state.

Has anyone has a similar problem and fixed it themselves? I am tempted
to open it up and take a look, but have no alignment tools and am aware of
the
high voltage charge that tends to linger amongst the innards. It's not
worth the money to take it to a shop.  Can I fix this with duct tape? ;^)
Any references to helpful web sites for monitor repair would also be
appreciated.

thanks,

gregory