[rescue] OT: Q on Cygwin XFree 4.0.1 on PC - anyone used this ?

Will Enestvedt rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Nov 19 08:46:00 CST 2001

Ken Hansen wrote:

> I had a few problems, first the install of Cygwin di
> dnot include the needed bunzip2 executable, os I had
> to find that - no biggie, but it took time...

   Yeah, I found that even the "official" instructions make more sense
on your second or third install...

> Maybe I'll try again and see what I come up with.

   Like I said, repetition seems to be the mother of comprehension.

> If it works, that owuld be great (X Windows on my
> 802.11b-enabled laptop)!

   It *is* great, as long as your wireless card works, when
unfortunately mine did for a while and then doesn't. (I have two in the
drawer and neither work, under winders 98 or Linux. Maybe OpenBSD will
play nice...)

> Thanks fo rthe encouragement,

   Good luck!
-wde
--
Will Enestvedt
UNIX System Administrator
Will.Enestvedt at jwu.edu
Phone: (401) 598-1584 -- Cell: (401) 258-9169