[rescue] Nice older equipment I got... a little input

Kevin Loch rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Nov 16 09:01:40 CST 2001

Andrew Weiss wrote:
> settles on something like 587 or so... there seems to be plenty of drive

(from http://borg.ucsb.edu/howto/aix/AIX_LED_HowTo.html)

587 Configuring a NETBIOS.

Try hooking up a terminal to the serial port(s) and see if one
of them is set as the console.

This may not be your problem but,
AIX is very bad about booting with the wrong/inacessable name
servers in /etc/resolv.conf.  As a side note, when changing
ip addresses on an AIX machine, always remove/rename /etc/resolv.conf
first, run smit(ty), then recreate/rename resolv.conf. Do the same thing
if you want
to take a networked machine standalone temporarally.
It will save you from alot of wasted time on dns timeouts.

KL