[rescue] OT: domain registrars... who's "best"?

Bill Bradford rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Nov 15 19:26:56 CST 2001

On Thu, Nov 15, 2001 at 07:07:18PM -0600, Derrick D. Daugherty wrote:
> So I've always gone with netsol since I started with them originally
> back in '95...we all know how much they can suck although it has been
> more stable and reliable since verisign snagged them.  A friend of mine
> was the sr admin for register.com and told me he wouldn't use them, heh.
> I never finished my paperwork for the OpenSRS project so I can't
> interface that way... hmm..looks like you can do it on the web now.
> When it started it was snail mail and faxing...nope, still gotta fax it
> Anyone have any opinions?  Please reply off-list so we don't flood
> it.  I'll reply with a summary.

Dotster, without a doubt.  All of my domains are with them; $15/year/domain;
usually $11.95 to move a domain to them AND renew it for a year; great web
interface, and good customer service with people you can reach on the phone
if necessary.  Been very happy with them.

www.dotster.com.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford