St. Pete (was RE: [rescue] Sun Ray Thoughts?)

Dave McGuire rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Nov 14 17:02:24 CST 2001

On November 14, Kurt Huhn wrote:
> > A vette should be perfectly capable of going 95 in a straight line safely.
> > What scares me is people racing their SUVs around here.
>
> Perhaps he's thinking of CHEvette, not a CORvette?

  Nope, I'm thinking CORvette.  I've driven about ten of them.  Lots of
pickup, but I've built scrap wood go-karts with lawnmower engines that
handled better.

> I used to own a Ford Taurus with some pretty heavy performance mods.  After
> buying my truck, I realized that I would have to *seriously* rethink my
> driving style.  Those things can move in a straight line very quickly when
> needed, but do _not_ stop or turn well at all!

  There's a huge amount of emphasis placed on outright HORSEPOWER in
the semi-serious side of the automotive industry.  Handling and
balance are just as important, and in some instances, more so.

  The measure of a car is more than just the horses under the hood, in
the same way that the measure of a computer is more than just the
processor's clock speed.

    -Dave

--
Dave McGuire