[rescue] SCRAPPLE

Doctor Obnox Son of a Bitch rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Nov 13 21:35:16 CST 2001

Kurt Huhn, reeling from the shock, managed on Tue, Nov 13, 2001 at 07:23:59PM -0500 to scrawl:
> > to electricity using a catalyst.  Most fuel cells in common use
> > produce heat and very pure water as exhaust...as a matter of fact, the
> > astronauts' drinking water aboard the space shuttles is a byproduct of
> > the operation of the fuel cells used to create the orbiter's
> > electrical power.
> >

> I recall a program on TLC or DSC about a fuel cell (?) car that produced
> steam and water as exhaust - the down side was that it was fueled by bottles
> of hydrogen and oxygen.  Talk about an impressive car wreck!
>
> That goes back a few years - and I'm sure that technology has advanced to
> where pure hydrogen and oxygen isn't necessary...
>
> Kurt

You know, driving around with a tank full of liquid hydrocarbons is not
a whole heck of a lot safer than a tank full of gaseous hydrogen. It's
the oxygen that'd scare me.

--
"So I am not the only one that runs around naked with my Bobba Fett helment on?
Cool"

Gustafson
                                                    drobnox at visi.com