[rescue] SCRAPPLE

Kurt Mosiejczuk rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Nov 13 16:28:43 CST 2001

On Tue, 13 Nov 2001, Dave McGuire wrote:

>   GE has a neat thing that Mike N turned me on to, if memory serves.
> It's a natural-gas-driven fuel cell backup generator intended for home
> use.  It seems rather neat.  It pleases me to see fuel cell technology
> being pushed into the consumer market.

I believe it's the GE HomeGen.  I remember reading about it a year and a
hald ago... it's not really a backup generator, it's meant to be the
primary source of energy for your home.  However, it goes between you
and your normal electric utility company, so if you need more than it can
give you can take it.  Also, depending on how your utility company feels,
you can SELL BACK power when you are not using it all... =)

I believe it also can provide home heat with the waste heat it generates...

I need to look it up again and make sure I'm not on crack again.

--Kurt