Antipodean Life (was Re: St. Pete (was RE: [rescue] Sun Ray

Sheldon T. Hall rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Nov 13 18:57:16 CST 2001

Drew Whittle <drew at lug.net.nz> retorted:

>On Wed, 2001-11-14 at 11:52, Sheldon T. Hall wrote:
>
>> The one most famous here in .us is "20 sheep per person."
>
> and we can't afford to eat lamb often because it's all exported and
> whats left is expensive and only good for scrapple/haggis/<put your
> favorite entrail here>. (All farmers want to do is export because the
> exchange rate is so good)
>
>> And that .nz isn't .au, of course....
>
> Now thats a touchy subject, it's kinda like Americans and Canadians.

Cousins that sometimes kiss, sometimes fight.  Still, I rather like our
neighbors to the North, even during the spats.  The ones to the South are
OK, too, though I wish they could ratchet their economy up a bit to provide
a better standard of living.

> Heh, the national anthem is part in English and part in Maori, who knows
> what they say in the Maori part.

I know what you mean.  My first wedding was all in Danish; I have no idea
what I promised.  We can understand the words to the Star Spangled Banner,
even if the tune's a bit tough.

> ObTopic: My newest (and now best) sun machine is a lowly (to you guys)
> SS5-110 (when it arrives)

Not "lowly" by my standards; hottest Sun in this house is an LX.  The
streets paved with gold are in someone else's neighborhood.

-Shel