Antipodean Life (was Re: St. Pete (was RE: [rescue] Sun Ray Thoughts?))

Drew Whittle rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Nov 13 17:08:36 CST 2001

On Wed, 2001-11-14 at 11:52, Sheldon T. Hall wrote:

> The one most famous here in .us is "20 sheep per person."

and we can't afford to eat lamb often because it's all exported and
whats left is expensive and only good for scrapple/haggis/<put your
favorite entrail here>. (All farmers want to do is export because the
exchange rate is so good)

> And that .nz isn't .au, of course....

Now thats a touchy subject, it's kinda like Americans and Canadians.
It's good for me though because I'm Australian. (except when they lose
in some sport to New Zealand, then I'm a Kiwi, and if they both lose to
England then I'm a pom - I can legitimately claim to be all three)

> Since then, I've learned that phrase is in the NZ national anthem or on the
> flag or something.

Heh, the national anthem is part in English and part in Maori, who knows
what they say in the Maori part.

ObTopic: My newest (and now best) sun machine is a lowly (to you guys)
SS5-110 (when it arrives)

:D