Antipodean Life (was Re: St. Pete (was RE: [rescue] Sun Ray Thoughts?))

Sheldon T. Hall rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Nov 13 16:52:47 CST 2001

In Message: 4, converted to RightSideUpASCII, Drew Whittle <drew at lug.net.nz>
said:

>> > 1 nz$ = approx .40 US$ cents
>>
>> Oh.  Thats around $4, then, not TOO much more than what we
>> pay here.
>>

> The average US IT worked also gets paid more dollars than a kiwi one.
> Before conversion, do the conversion to US$ and an average kiwi IT
> worker probably makes US minimum wage :<
>
> But there are benefits to this country! Don't ask me to list them now,

The one most famous here in .us is "20 sheep per person."

And that .nz isn't .au, of course....

Years ago, I met one of your more famous exports, yachtsman Ron Holland.
Not knowing who he was, and having a Bolivian ear for accents, I asked him
if he was from Australia.

"Ozztrailyer? Whhere's thet?"  he replied.

Since then, I've learned that phrase is in the NZ national anthem or on the
flag or something.

-Shel