Potted Meat Product.... (WAS) [rescue] SCRAPPLE

Kurt Huhn rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Nov 13 16:54:44 CST 2001

> In Dutchieland and Polockland (Central PA, Hard Coal Country), the
good-luck
> New Years dinner was Pork and Sauerkraut (Pork 'n Kraut), usually with
apple
> sauce. Isn't your New Year feast called Hoppin' John?

Same as in central OH.  *That* is good eats!  I tried to get my wife
(born-n-raised in RI) to try Kraut once - it was "no-go".  My favorite
fair-food (food you get the carnivals and fairs)  as a kid was a bratwurst
smothered in kraut with mustard on a crusty roll.

Damn you guys - now I'm gettin hungry, and dinner is still at least an hour
away...

Kurt