[rescue] Mac Quadra 840AV FTGH

Loomis, Rip rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Nov 13 13:11:46 CST 2001

As stated above, free to good home (pick up strongly
preferred, shipping only possible for payment or
other considerations...):

A former co-worker donated a Mac Quadra 840AV to
my wife's school.  While spelunking in it recently to
add memory and a hard drive, something apparently
went loose.  It now is essentially unable to find anything
on the SCSI chain--we pulled the hard drive and put
it into a friend's system and that worked, though.
Possibly just a bad/loose cable or connection--but it's
not worth my time to troubleshoot (the school just got
a bunch of new iMacs, and I'm not a Machead.)

The system is complete with 16" monitor, CD-ROM
drive with caddy, 32MB DRAM, 400(?)MB disk,
mouse, keyboard, cables, and some software
(An older version of MSOffice, etc.)

FOB Odenton Maryland (near Ft. Meade).

If anyone's interested, please reply by private e-mail.
Thanks--

  --Rip