Potted Meat Product.... (WAS) [rescue] SCRAPPLE

Loomis, Rip rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Nov 13 13:02:11 CST 2001

> Now, if ye wants good fare, trots ye off Hawaii way, and dive into
> SPAM, that is a cult classic out there....

When I lived out there and was going into Pearl Harbor Shipyard
every day, one of the guys would bring in a big bag of SPAM musubi
once a week, and sell them for 75 cents each.  (That's a big markup,
but these musubi had some sort of thickened soy sauce concoction in
the middle as the awesome magic ingredient...)  Nothing better in
the *world* for breakfast than black coffee and SPAM musubi!

  http://www.brown.edu/Students/Brown_Hawaii_Club/About_Hawaii/spam.html
  http://www.foodtv.com/foodtv/recipe/0,6255,13485,00.html

If you visit the first link above, make sure you scroll down to
the "SPAM haiku (SPAMku)" listings...

Every time I pass the scrapple-and-pepperoni department in our
supermarket, I think of poor Bill in Texas.  Then again, he can
get large quantities of good beef...

ObRescue to follow in a separate message.

  --Rip