Potted Meat Product.... (WAS) [rescue] SCRAPPLE

BSD Bob the old greybeard BSD freak rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Nov 13 12:44:54 CST 2001

> Nothing beats watching someone prepare pigs feet for cooking. I don't like
> eating food that I have to shave first. I visited a neighbor in Florida who
> was an old black woman and she was "cookin down greens and fixin hogs legs".
> Actually, I think she called them ham hocks or something, if I remember
> correctly.

Hey, boilin' down a mess o' greens in a flat iron skillet is still
standard fare for the weefie.  Add in a skillet o' fresh cornbread
or pones, an that be fine stuff.  They be not too bad with a dash o'
Texas Pete to fires 'em up a bit.  'Never done hocks, although
`jawels an' blackeye peas' still is had now an' then at new years.
Standard suthern fare, down in these parts.  It gets a tad spooky
when the jawels wink's at ya, in the fryin' up in da skillet.....
It do bring good luck in the followin' year....

(:+}}...

Bob