Potted Meat Product.... (WAS) [rescue] SCRAPPLE

BSD Bob the old greybeard BSD freak rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Nov 13 12:34:30 CST 2001

> > You probably would not even want to know.  Even the squeek is in there,
> > somewhere.
>
>   The squeek?

That is everything that shouldn't be there.  Technically, you are allowed
so many of this and so many of that drippings, droppings, hairs, bits, etc.,
If it squeeks, it is probably also in there, somehwere.

I don't generally go for potted meat product.... but good ol' SPAM, yeah!

Still, SPAM, ain't half bad, fried well, seasoned with some onion and
a touch o' pepper, mustard, catsup, and lettuce, on a garlic roll,
garnished with a sprig o' parsley.  Add a can o' porkenbeens, an'
dinnah be served!

Back in poorer dayz, that kind of fare was quite common.  Also, it
was not uncommon to throw a random squirrel, or bottom pig into the
pot.  Hey, I survived.  It is amazing what tastes good when you really
are a tad on the famished side, an yer GI bill check be some two weeks
off, still.

I still keep a couple tins o' SPAM an' porkenbeens on the shelf, just
in case.....  In these times, who knows....

Bob