[rescue] RE: St. Pete

Sheldon T. Hall rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Nov 13 11:19:23 CST 2001

In Message: 1 didst "Fogg, James" <JFogg at vicinity.com> declaim:

> I can sell you a 3 bedroom 1 bath house in central PA (45 minutes to the
> state capitol and *jobs*) for $43,000. AND, it has DSL (great service too,
> just moved from there and had 768K DSL with a static IP for $75.00/mo).
>
> The house underwent a major end-to-end remodel, but has some work to
finish
> yet. Its not a shitter.

If you can move it to Carmel, California for less than $250,000, you could
make money on it.

When we moved from Carmel in '97, a 3/1 of no particular distinction and in
an indifferent location would fetch at least $350,000.  More if it had a
view.

Top properties with a view of the ocean went for $1,000,000 PER BEDROOM.

Prices there have gone up a lot since then.

Carmel is at least 1.5 hours from Silicon Valley; it doesn't have much in
the way of local job opportunities unless you're a chef or a golf pro.  Of
course, unemployment in SV is 6.5% right now, so the job opportunities
_there_ aren't so great, either ....

"Location, location, location."  Or something.

-Shel
--
Sheldon T. Hall
shel at cmhc.com