Junkyard wars was [rescue] Sun Ray Thoughts?

Chad Fernandez rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Nov 12 23:04:27 CST 2001

Stephen Dowdy wrote:
> I recorded the Monster Truck Junkyard Wars for him... that thing was
> totally seeded.  They even acknowledged it by saying that the Monster
> Truck tires one team found were actually "on loan" and were valued at
> $20,000 (probably from the BigFoot team, since Bob Chandler, creator of
> bigfoot was judging, and his master mechanic was the expert assistant on
> one team)

I haven't seen that one.

> I'm also not sure that they adhered to the 10 hour time limit, as near the
> end one team was just getting in a replacement transmission and seemed to
> have several other unattended issues.  Can't imagine that they succeeded
> within the alloted time -- i suspect a little extra "offline" time was
> given as it would have been a pretty sucky show if neither team had a
> working truck! (10 hours seems like a pretty small timeframe to build a
> monster truck!)

I've suspected a breach in the time limit several times.  I suppose they
are able to fit it in officially, somehow.  We just aren't told of it.
They do mention a final adjustment period from time to time.  I would
imagine that this is when a finmal thrash to get things done, gets done
:-)

Chad Fernandez
Michigan, USA