[rescue] Re: So here are the before pictures...

Ken Hansen rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Nov 12 22:07:47 CST 2001

Bellcore actually had to have company-wide classes on the concept of being
for-profit! (Bellcore was a research facility co-owned by the 7 baby bells,
each with a slightly varying stake in the company, based on territory/region
size.) All our work was directed at the projects our "owners" wanted to
fund, and all projects were "at cost." Any cost underruns were funneled back
to the clients as a refund/credit towards subsequent projects...

SAIC should never have bought Bellcore - I loved working there, but it was a
throw-back to the pre-breakup Bell System...

Ken