Junkyard wars was [rescue] Sun Ray Thoughts?

rescue at sunhelp.org rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Nov 12 10:41:22 CST 2001

yes and no on your suspicions..   Yes, obviously needed materials are
planted in the junkyard, but the time limit is also adheared to for the
teams, within a set of parameters..

The team must do all the major building within the 10 hours.  But then there is
a safety day before the actual competition where different engineers will inspect
the vehicle or whatever was made, and they will do any safety issue fixes.  What
this boils down to, is the team can just tack-weld a steering wheel in place,
and the safety team will put a good weld on it the next day.  But the safety team
cannot make any changes that change the look of hte product, else thier work also
become obvoius..

How do I know this?  Ran into a guy at a machinegun shoot with one of those
nifty coveralls on.. his show will be aired in the spring..

Matt