[rescue] Junkyard Wars in a computer warehouse

rescue at sunhelp.org rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun Nov 11 20:40:11 CST 2001

--part1_a8.184fe6d.2920908b_boundary

While reading the Junkyard Wars/Sunray thread I had a flash of carrying it
over to my old Computer warehouse in Portland about 8 years ago. We were up
to three floors and 26,000 square feet.
Full of scrap from Intel, Tektronix, Floating Point, Fujitsu, Mentor
Graphics, DEC, etc.

The mission:

Some where in here are the parts to a Dandilion, a Xerox 8010 Star. You have
10 hours to find the parts, assemble them and bring the machine up and
running to do some trivial task.

It would have been fun! Too bad I didn't think of it. The next show could
have been a VAX 780, then a DG Nova, an Intel Development system, an IBM
Series 1, an Apollo 660 and so on.....OOH the final could have been a BIIN!!!

Actually we never did have the processor chips for the BIIN so that would
have been hard. For the rest we had multiple systems, wi SW, and could have
fielded multiple teams.

Those were the days!
Paxton

--part1_a8.184fe6d.2920908b_boundary

<FONT  SIZE=3>While reading the Junkyard Wars/Sunray thread I had a flash of carrying it over to my old Computer warehouse in Portland about 8 years ago. We were up to three floors and 26,000 square feet.<BR>
Full of scrap from Intel, Tektronix, Floating Point, Fujitsu, Mentor Graphics, DEC, etc.<BR>
<BR>
The mission:<BR>
<BR>
Some where in here are the parts to a Dandilion, a Xerox 8010 Star. You have 10 hours to find the parts, assemble them and bring the machine up and running to do some trivial task.<BR>
<BR>
It would have been fun! Too bad I didn't think of it. The next show could have been a VAX 780, then a DG Nova, an Intel Development system, an IBM Series 1, an Apollo 660 and so on.....OOH the final could have been a BIIN!!!<BR>
<BR>
Actually we never did have the processor chips for the BIIN so that would have been hard. For the rest we had multiple systems, wi SW, and could have fielded multiple teams.<BR>
<BR>
Those were the days!<BR>
Paxton</FONT></HTML>

--part1_a8.184fe6d.2920908b_boundary--