[rescue] Windows XP to be released on the Sun Blade 100

George Adkins rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun Nov 11 13:16:26 CST 2001

On Sunday 11 November 2001 01:21 am, you wrote:
> George Adkins wrote:
> > Sure, you get a new system, but look at what you're getting!
> > It's the same thing as the Packard Bell ^h^h^h^h^h^h ultra 5 for goodness
> > sake.  Creepy castrated processor, cheesy disposable disks ( "Yeah, but
> > IDE
>
> What's castrated about the processor? Really, I have no idea.

Umm, the same thing as on all the Ultrasparc "i's" and "e's", it's not a
complete ultrasparc processor.  Things have been left out, for example, the
SMP stuff has been chopped, and the caches tend to be smaller, (when they
have caches... I don't consider 128K or 256K to be worth counting as a 'L2
cache', those are the size of L1 caches.  Putting them in between the L1
cache and the main system RAM does not make them a _real_ L2 cache, it just
makes them a buffer.

George