[rescue] nfs trouble

Derrick Daugherty rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat Nov 10 15:47:46 CST 2001

It's rumored that around Fri, Nov 09, 2001 at 06:41:49AM -0500
Steve Sandau <ssandau at bath.tmac.com> wrote:
> I don't know about NFS, but the next network test after ping would
> probably be snoop or tcpdump. See which machine is transmitting and
> which one isn't answering... Then take a closer look at the box that
> seems to be the problem.

also just the output of netsat -i and if it's solaris netstat -k le0 or
whatever.  If it's the cable look for crc or frame errors.  take a look
at all the error buffers and see which ones are wonky.  if it's not
clear fwd it along.  it sounds like it may be an arp cache issue..but is
this a hub network or are there some switches?

side note, anyone know how to clear those kernel registers of the
interface stats?  so you don't have to bounce a box just to see if the
changes  you make take effect?  That came up a few months ago on the
SS7 boxes but I couldn't find a way in the hour that I looked.

^D