[rescue] So here are the before pictures...

Joshua D Boyd rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Nov 8 23:27:53 CST 2001

On Fri, Nov 09, 2001 at 12:06:53AM -0500, Ken Hansen wrote:
> Josh, your age is showing... I mean that as a compliment.

It must be the looming birthday.

> At the ripe old age of 37, I have come to find that pay is not the most
> important thing (don't get me wrong, it is part of the top five for
> sure!)...

Pay isn't everything.  But it makes doing things you don't like easier.
Believe me, if I didn't seriously need the money I would not be using
Excel or Access

> I make *enough* money -I could go elsewhere, but I'd have to travel
> frequently, dress up, and endure a manager/management that I can't stand.
> I've had my share of Jobs (IEEE, Computer Associates, On-Line Software,
> Diamond Technology Partners, Bellcore, a three-man consulting shop (the VB
> job), Mobil Oil, and my current employer, ICTI), and this is the first job I
> felt I could stay long-term.

Well, that's nice.  But when you say things like the higher up shrugging
off when you point out typos in public documents, things don't sound so
great.

> Bellcore was great, but when SAIC came into town, it stopped being fun. I
> made 20% better pay in my last job, but I had to wear a suit and trave *at
> least* one week a month - a lot of trave if you have a two year old at
> home...

Kids are quite a number of years off yet.  Marriage isn't too teribly
imminent either, although it looks more posible than it did a year ago.

--
Joshua D. Boyd