[rescue] in need of BA350 parts

Brian Hechinger rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Nov 8 12:32:37 CST 2001

> Fun when folks drop things....

i think it's a local thing.  PO, UPS, FedEx, even the estemed BAX manage to
drop stuff en route to my place.  i never had so much trouble as i have had
since i moved to allentown.  glad i'm leaving soon.

 The BA350 does not have rack brackets, per se.  It uses a shelf bracket
> pair and then slides in on the shelf.  I had some of the brackets from
> a storageworks storage refrigerator thingy I stripped, but they are gone
> now.  I just stack mine on a shelf or on top of the cpu box, anymore.
> 3 of them stack pretty well, but 4 might be a problem unless you used
> rubber sheeting to keep them from sliding.

i'm gonna need 5, until i find more SCSI cards for my NetApp, then of course
i'll need more. :)

i need to hit the one surplus place in laurel and see if they still have the
storageworks rack i saw last time i was there.  something like 6 or 7 shelves
in a half-rack, with what looked like enough room for the NetApp without having
to remove shelves.  of course i didn't have the NetApp last time i was there
so this is all going by my fuzzy memory. :)

but that doesn't mean i don't want BA350 boxes with rack stuffs.  if anyone has
any spare mounting kits for the 350, i'm interested.

> There is a ba350ug.pdf from DEC that has all the info on the critters,
> including the mystical magical internal jumpering you need to pay
> attention to.  If you can't find it, or Bill doesn't have it somehwere
> on the rescue archives, holler and I will bounce it your way.

i already got it, thanks for the info!

-brian