[rescue] tape drive with no SCSI

Kurt Mosiejczuk rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Nov 8 09:06:08 CST 2001

On Thu, 8 Nov 2001, Joshua D Boyd wrote:

> This sort of thing really hits my buttons about linux (and perhaps any
> unixish OS I suppose).  I just want to sit down and work and play with new
> things.  It is not my goal to learn how to tweak out OSs, nor is it my
> goal to learn to admin networks (although it seems I'm doomed to continue
> learning about each for the time being if I want to get tasks
> accomplished).  Sigh.

I think the problem here is that the Linux folks try to err on the side
of not losing your data.  There is lots of broken hardware out there that
claims to work properly, but will happily drop key parts of your data on
the floor when you try and use them full-tilt.  Which would you be more
upset with, slightly slower performance or corrupted data?

--Kurt