[rescue] tape drive with no SCSI

Dave McGuire rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Nov 8 08:21:26 CST 2001

On November 8, Sammy Ominsky wrote:
> >  What I meant by "unattended use" was writing a bunch of C structs
> > from a running daemon periodically. :-/
>
> Huh? What exactly does that mean?

  I've developed a mid-sized application in C that will eventually be
marketed commercially.  It is currently installed at the site of one
paying customer.  The basic functionality is there, but I'm adding new
stuff all the time.  I now have the need to do some sequential data
logging in a fairly secure way.  The data in question is sitting in
the address space of a fairly long-lived (months at a time) process on
a Solaris8 system.  In a time-triggered fashion, I want to be able to
write the memory images of a few large data structures out to a tape.

      -Dave

--
Dave McGuire
St. Petersburg, FL