[rescue] tape drive with no SCSI

Dunbar, Brian rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Nov 7 18:52:06 CST 2001

>>>>-----Original Message-----
From: Dave McGuire [mailto:mcguire at neurotica.com]
check this out.  The Netra X1 is a
400MHz UltraSPARC-IIe in a 1U rackmount chassis with two 10/100
reefernet interfaces, and it ships with 128MB of RAM and a 20GB
[crappy IDE] disk...for $1000.00.  My application is almost entirely
memory-based so the IDE doesn't bother me all that much, aside from
the purism issue.<<<<

I stopped thinking about buying ANY new equipment until June of next year
(thank YOU Mr. Recession) but my senior designer was pissing and moaning
because 'we' took away her Ultra 10 two years ago and all she could do this
afternoon was watch NT shit Dr. Watson errors when all she WANTED to do was
to X into her old Ultra 10 and run her library tool ....

Would a Netra be a good choice for graphics/memory intensive apps?  I could
almost talk them into spending 1k (plus a monitor) ...

Brian Dunbar
"Pardon my MIME"