[rescue] Ohhhhh what does this button do?

Patrick Giagnocavo rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Nov 6 11:12:34 CST 2001

"Michael A. Turner" wrote:

> Now the questions:
>
>         1. What is this?
>         2. What is it good for?
>         3. Does it have any use with an IPC , a sparc 4, a sparc 5, or an
> ultra 1? which is the sum total of all my sun gear right now.

I am pretty certain it is a multiport serial board, with one parallel
port (used for printing to a parallel printer with a Sun that doesn't
have a parallel port).

There is an SBUS card that you need to install, then the cable goes to
the card.  An IPC could probably handle the load, unless you are really

think "xyplex on a SBUS card".

./patrick