[rescue] WTD: 72pin 16MB FPM Parity (x2)

Loomis, Rip rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Nov 6 11:12:30 CST 2001

To minimize speculation--
I have a Cycle 5 with 128MB of memory--maxed out
on 30 pins (16x4) and 72-pins (2x32).  It *does*
want FPM parity, and will definitely take 36-bit
or 33-bit parity up to 32MB SIMMs.  (So will LXen
and the Axil 245 [SPARC 5 clone], based on the
testing I've done here...just don't try to put a
mixed pair of 33- and 36-bit SIMMs in a tied pair
of slots.)

That price for Kingston memory sounds like a great
deal overall (for tested name-brand memory)--I may
pick up some to max out some LXen...

  --Rip