[rescue] IRIS Crimsons in Oregon

Big Endian rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Nov 6 10:09:57 CST 2001

>What we need here is an organized cross-country relay-and-support team, so
>that Daniel and Company don't have to lay out so much money for lodging,
>meals, etc.  That would also let D&C drop off some equipment as they went,
>further reducing costs to the recipients, since shipping would be
>eliminated.

I'm not sure if I can do the drop off thing as I don't know if they
even WORK so it would take a long time to do all that.  I have a very
limited amount of vacation time to spend on this.  However if people
would be willing to help out on my way then it would be much
appreciated.

>After all, if you're driving from Oregon to Virginia, how many miles does a
>detour to Austin add?  Or St.Paul?  San Diego would be out of the way, but
>anywhere in the middle might not.

if you can meet me half way then I think we can work some thing out.

>I'm in Seattle (more or less), and I don't need an SGI (I'm at the limits of
>Spousal Tolerance as it is), but I can offer logistical support, short-term
>warehousing, sleeping accommodations, etc.  I'm sure almost everyone along
>the way can do a little of the same.

That may be needed, thank you.

>"This ... could ... WORK!"

"Mr Scott, Start your engines" "Aye, Sir"

daniel