[rescue] IRIS Crimsons in Oregon

Sheldon T. Hall rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Nov 6 09:54:33 CST 2001

In Message: 5 on Mon, 5 Nov 2001 23:36:16 -0600 <mrbill at mrbill.net> did
declaim:

>On Tue, Nov 06, 2001 at 12:15:12AM -0500, Big Endian wrote:
>> YAHOO!!! Ok.  I got them.  If anybody who wouldn't mind driving to
>> Fairfax Virginia would like to get a VGX crimson email me privately
>> and I'll add you to the list.  Price is $200.  Money will be
>> added/subtracted from that depending on the number of people involved
>> and the final cost of moving these things from Oregon to Washington
>> DC.
>
>You WILL take pictures, or I WILL kick you off the list on principle. 8-)
>
>I'd love a crimson, but I cant afford $200 + at least $200 shipping.
>
>Bill
>
>--
>Bill Bradford
>mrbill at mrbill.net
>Austin, TX

What we need here is an organized cross-country relay-and-support team, so
that Daniel and Company don't have to lay out so much money for lodging,
meals, etc.  That would also let D&C drop off some equipment as they went,
further reducing costs to the recipients, since shipping would be
eliminated.

After all, if you're driving from Oregon to Virginia, how many miles does a
detour to Austin add?  Or St.Paul?  San Diego would be out of the way, but
anywhere in the middle might not.

I'm in Seattle (more or less), and I don't need an SGI (I'm at the limits of
Spousal Tolerance as it is), but I can offer logistical support, short-term
warehousing, sleeping accommodations, etc.  I'm sure almost everyone along
the way can do a little of the same.

"This ... could ... WORK!"

-Shel
--