[rescue] OK, step one of the purge in New Jersey...

Joshua D Boyd rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Nov 5 01:11:15 CST 2001

On Sun, Nov 04, 2001 at 10:45:13PM -0500, Big Endian wrote:
> I have on windows box.  It stays *OFF* most times.  I enjoy playing
> games.  The only time I turn the box on is when I need to play UT or
> something.  I run win 98 first edition on it because thats the best
> windows I've found that works for games.   I'm not going to say that
> windows doesn't suck.  There's a reason I don't keep the box on, but
> it has its uses just like any system does.

FYI, Loki did a linux port of UT, and unlike most Loki ports, you just
download a binary file, and copy the data off the CD to play it.

Also, I'm told that halflife and most mods now work stabily with
the past several WINE releases.  I haven't yet aquired a copy of
halflife.  I keep wanting to try it's single player mode because I hear it
is unusually good.

But, I don't really have much time for gaming.  I spend more time coding,
or so I try.  One of the current projects I have open is trying to get
Quakeforge (a cleaned up and upgraded version of quake) to compile so that
I can look at what might easily be improved.

--
Joshua D. Boyd