[rescue] AUSTIN: BBQ next weekend?

Derrick Daugherty rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun Nov 4 04:51:36 CST 2001

--C1iGAkRnbeBonpVg

It's rumored that around Sun, Nov 04, 2001 at 02:35:34AM -0600
Bill Bradford <mrbill at mrbill.net> wrote:
> I see nobody else has reported on this yet; I had a great time meeting
> Steven, Derrick, and Steven's friend (for the life of me, I cant remember
> his name now..) for BBQ tonight.  We'll definitely have to make it a semi-
> monthly occasion.

heh, I sent private emails afterwards.  It was a blast.  I love getting
to "talk shop" since most of my friends are developers and have a
different view on the whole sys admin life.  Good to see management
blows everywhere ;)  I think we all agree it should become a
semi-regular thing.  The beef's just the excuse.  btw his name is Ross,
and if he had time I'm sure he'd be on the lists :)

> So, did you guys end up going to Fry's after I left?

I'm not sure if they did..but they were tempting me with single malt
scotches and I had to refuse.. oh the devil on my shoulder was quite
strong..but reason won out knowing that i'd drink until I have a trap
exception and core dump.  I went'n saw david lynch's new film.  it was
very good.  I feel like my inner child was touched in "bad" ways.  For
those of us that try and make logic out of all things..it will give you
a headache.  You have to just let go of logic.  But I must say, I
haven't seen a movie in a _long_ time that made me think this much about
it after it's over.  As always Lynch gives you tons of dramatic pauses
and silences for you to sit there and mull it all over in your head.
Our imagination is his playground.  I'm certain I'll dream of it all
night.

But yes, lets do it again soon :)

If we're lucky more austinites will show.   If I'm real lucky I'll have
a job by then too :)  I'd hate to take the one in houston..but the lure
of multiple e10ks is so attractive.  and san.  so sexy.

^D

--C1iGAkRnbeBonpVg

--C1iGAkRnbeBonpVg--