[rescue] Re: Raid controller CRD-5500

Robert Rose rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat Nov 3 22:10:54 CST 2001

At 11:40 AM 2/11/2001 -0600, you wrote:
> > but can anyone help me sort out which pin is what?  I can provide
>digital
>
>http://www.cmd.com/ApplicationNotes/5500conn.gif
>
>There is a pinout diagram on page 66 of the CRD-5000 manual, there is no
>corresponding diagram in my CRD-5500 manual ( manual is from CMD not a
>VAR ).
>from page 66 of http://www.cmd.com/Manuals/5000UsersManual.pdf
Thanks heaps for those, that was exactly what I needed to get this puppy going.

First thing I did was pull the lid off and check for dust and other crap
inside (it was
nice and clean).  It took me a few goes to power it up, it appears to be
very sensitive
to all the boards being seated correctly.  It's only got 2 fast/wide cards
in it, but that's
plenty for what I need.

It's now building 6 x 4Gb disks in a RAID5 set, once that's done the whole
lot's going
onto the O2 for some video work.

Rob.