[rescue] AUSTIN: BBQ next weekend?

Derrick Daugherty rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat Nov 3 14:24:43 CST 2001

It's rumored that around Sat, Nov 03, 2001 at 12:43:43PM -0600
Bill Bradford <mrbill at mrbill.net> wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 03, 2001 at 06:14:51PM +0000, Steven Hill wrote:
> > OK, 6:30, since I have seen no other people piping up.
> > How will we recognise each other?
>
> I'm the fat guy driving a black Kia Sportage.  Derrick and I know
> each other... look for his nose metal? 8-0

hah, yup.  I'll recognize you two.  I'll probably just sit out front on
that bench or loiter in that general area.

> I'll be there.  Currently really POed; went down to install the new
> sunhelp server today; got it down there and had MEMORY ERRORs.  Ended up

That blows..have something somewhat similar on one of my dell 4500s but
it's one of those things "hit the key and keep going"  but since it's
headless..it's a real pain whenever it goes down for any reason.
Luckily it doesn't too often.  The other kicker is it's in san antonio
;)   But the raid card complains of invalid memory config after I uped
the systems ram.  kooky.  I didna have the downtime to t-shoot it so now
it's degraded to a hurry and hit the enter key thing.

t-minus 4.1 hours to BEEF

btw..if you get a chance watch the _Ripping Friends_ episode called
"ovapositor" or something similar.  It's about an evil rooster who makes
the cows collect eggs instead of producing beef.  It's great..the cows
go insane wanting to give beef and the Ripping Friends start
deteriorating since they didn't have steak for breakfast.  Another fine
cartoon by the creator of _Ren and Stimpy_