[rescue] SGI stuff

Big Endian rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Nov 2 15:30:09 CST 2001

>http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1291334927
>
>Anyone feel like mounting a major SGI rescue in Oregon?  Someone has a
>huge lot of SGI big iron for sale.

Mmmm....

>Nice boxes like Crimson RealityEngines, VGXs, VGXTs (20 crimsons total),
>and a historic 4D/70GT (the machine used for the abyss according to alias
>wavefront).

Ohh... I would *LOVE* to have a box like that.  That movie is one of
my favorites.  Is this in a terminator rack or a twin tower?

>Plus tons of parts, including monitors.

I could use some SGI monitors, if this goes off anybody want to sell one?

>Darn it, I wish I was near Oregon with some cash.  These would be some fun
>toys.  <slashdot mode=on>Imagine a beowulf cluster of these
>things</slashdot>.  I wonder what the reserve is.  The Buy It Now price is
>definately high.  Well, maybe it isn't too high, but between that price,
>and the difficulty of taking delivery, I think they will be hard pressed
>to find people.

4k/20=200/box.  Thats not bad for an RE box.  (Bare REs go for twice
that)  Its a DEAL but hard to get.  I would be interested but I can't
do it right now.  If we all split them I could handle that though.

daniel