[rescue] Raid controller CRD-5500

Robert Rose rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Nov 1 04:16:40 CST 2001

Hey all,

I've recently picked up (thanks ebay) a cheap-ish CRD-5500 RAID controller,
I've used one of these before in a pre-built RAID box, but I need some
basic clue to get this thing going.  Needless to say, I have no manuals and
Google hasn't been helpful in providing sufficient clue so far.

I seem to recall that this thing is configurable with a VT/Wyse terminal
(does Ctrl+Z to exit a menu sound right?) and this thing has a "Comm Port"
on the back, (as well as a few others) but it has an odd 3 pin connector on
it and I haven't been able to establish which pin means what.  I am
assuming that since there are only 3 pins, they would be some combination
of TX, RX, GND, and I would guess at 9600-N-8-1 as the terminal settings,
but can anyone help me sort out which pin is what?  I can provide digital
photos and verbose descriptions if that will help someone help me.

thanks all,

Robert.

PS. Anyone got a dirt cheap AlphaStation 200 for sale?  My multia is
starting to feel a bit ordinary.