Data General Aviion (was Re: [SunRescue] OBP coolness)

William Barnett-Lewis rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu May 31 19:55:28 CDT 2001

Oh, man. never heard those rumours but I loved the 88k in the day. My
first SA job that actually paid the rent was on a 2 cpu Aviion 4605 with
64 mb of RAM and 2 gig of disk with 17 NCD 16r (?) xterms hanging off of
thin net.

After the god awful Interactive Unix on Essix Hardware (anyone else
share that nightmare?) I'd been supporting for my National Guard unit,
that Data General box was heaven. I may like Sun better these days, but
DG was always pretty underrated in my experiance. They make some nice
NUMA Intel based boxes too.

William