[SunRescue] OBP coolness

Gil Young rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu May 31 19:16:22 CDT 2001

I -hate- those buttons, I had a bad one once on a piece of equipment, it
would for no reason, shut down whenever.  Very annoying and 2 months of
debug and part swaps later, the problem was the touchy button that would
make it go into shutdown mode as the temperature changed or gamma rays
bombarded it at the right angles.

The first commonly available machie to the masses that could do that that I
know of is the mac, from it's keyboard "shutdown" button.  A mac with the
smart power supplies would power off and up from that button as well.  No
reaching for switches, etc..

Gil Young
Call Sign: KG4KVX