[SunRescue] OBP coolness

Sebastian Marius Kirsch rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu May 31 17:07:23 CDT 2001

On Thu, May 31, 2001 at 01:51:35PM -0500, Bill Bradford wrote:
> I remember the first time I ran across a machine that could turn off
> its own power (was some ATX-formfactor PC).

I believe all Suns with power management (ie. starting with sun4m) can
do that. (OK, so perhaps not the 4/6x0, but the smaller ones.) SGI boxen
can do it as well, and they can also turn on again at a predetermined
time. I'm just missing wake on lan capabilities; it happens much too
often that I sit at work and say, well I've got a few minutes, I could
just do this or that on the SGI at home -- if only it was on.

--
Yours, Sebastian Kirsch <skirsch at moebius.inka.de>

Behind every great computer sits a skinny little geek.